Alert website visitors that site is moving domain

©

©®

My friend's personal website is moving hosting/domain providers.
Can anyone please recommend a way that we can alert visitors that this
is taking place in the next few days and that, if it goes offline whilst
the change takes place, to come back in a day or two.
I was thinking of a pop-up but then most of us hate them or block them.
Help!
Thanks

Travis Newbury

My friend's personal website is moving hosting/domain providers.
Can anyone please recommend a way that we can alert visitors that this
is taking place in the next few days and that, if it goes offline whilst
the change takes place, to come back in a day or two.
I was thinking of a pop-up but then most of us hate them or block them.
Help!

How about adding text to the home page that says "Hey, we are
moving..."? Also, If it is a "personal site" can they possibly have
so many friends that this is important? (Unless it is a free porn
site, in which case you need to include a URL for us to give you a
proper answer...)

©

©®

Thanks for the reply.
Nope, not a porn site - more a family site of a pastor :-D
Just wondered if there is a "recommended" way to catch the attention as
they enter the site!
Thanks!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

©® said:
My friend's personal website is moving hosting/domain providers.
Can anyone please recommend a way that we can alert visitors that this
is taking place in the next few days and that, if it goes offline
whilst the change takes place, to come back in a day or two. I was
thinking of a pop-up but then most of us hate them or block them.

CSS:

..urgent {
border: 2px solid #ff0000;
margin: 1em 3em 0;
padding: 0 2em 0;
}

HTML:

[text of message here]

Marc

Beauregard said:
margin: 1em 3em 0;
padding: 0 2em 0;

I really should know, but it's always puzzled me - when only three
measurements are given, which is doubled?

I know with four the order is from top clockwise, and if only two are
specified the first is the top and bottom and the second is left and
right, but what about when three are specified?

Marc

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Marc said:
I really should know, but it's always puzzled me - when only three
measurements are given, which is doubled?

I know with four the order is from top clockwise, and if only two are
specified the first is the top and bottom and the second is left and
right, but what about when three are specified?

The second one (3em and 2em above) become 'right' and 'left', and the
trailing zero is 'bottom'.

Toby A Inkster

Marc said:
I know with four the order is from top clockwise, and if only two are
specified the first is the top and bottom and the second is left and
right, but what about when three are specified?

margin: top&bottom right&left;
margin: top&bottom right&left;
margin: top right&left bottom;
margin: top right bottom left;

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Geek of ~ HTML/CSS/Javascript/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

* = I'm getting there!

Joe (GKF)

I really should know, but it's always puzzled me - when only three
measurements are given, which is doubled?

I know with four the order is from top clockwise, and if only two are
specified the first is the top and bottom and the second is left and
right, but what about when three are specified?

Marc

Right and Left.
padding: 1em = T,R,B,L all 1em
padding: 0 1em = T and B 0; R and L 1em
padding: 0 1em 2em = T = 0, R and L = 1em, B=2em