algorithm help

Discussion in 'C++' started by sj, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. sj

    sj Guest

    Hi;

    I am writing a c++ code to transform matrix, (a) to (b) using
    divide-and-conquer method in four recurrence. I am having difficulty
    to merge four submatrices to get the answer. could someone give me a
    source code or explain to me how to do it. I am sorry if this is not a
    right place to ask.

    Thanks
    ks

    (a)

    | 1 1 2 2 |
    | 1 1 2 2 |
    | 3 3 3 3 | transform to
    | 3 3 3 3 |

    (b)

    | 1 1 2 2 |
    | 1 1 0 2 |
    | 3 0 0 3 |
    | 3 3 3 3 |
    sj, Oct 28, 2004

  2. sj wrote:
    > I am writing a c++ code to transform matrix, (a) to (b) using
    > divide-and-conquer method in four recurrence. I am having difficulty
    > to merge four submatrices to get the answer. could someone give me a
    > source code or explain to me how to do it. I am sorry if this is not a
    > right place to ask.

    We can't give you the source code. But we can help you correct errors
    in your own code. You are saying you have difficulty merging those
    submatrices; post your code, we can definitely look at it and recommend
    something.

    Victor Bazarov, Oct 28, 2004

  3. sj

    JKop Guest

    sj posted:

    > Hi;
    >
    > I am writing a c++ code to transform matrix, (a) to (b) using
    > divide-and-conquer method in four recurrence. I am having difficulty
    > to merge four submatrices to get the answer. could someone give me a
    > source code or explain to me how to do it. I am sorry if this is not a
    > right place to ask.
    >
    > Thanks
    > ks
    >
    > (a)
    >
    > | 1 1 2 2 |
    > | 1 1 2 2 |
    > | 3 3 3 3 | transform to 3 3 3 3 |
    >
    > (b)
    >
    > | 1 1 2 2 |
    > | 1 1 0 2 |
    > | 3 0 0 3 |
    > | 3 3 3 3 |

    You're neither offering:

    A) Money

    B) The opportunity to teach or mentor

    If you'd like to opt for option B, I'd suggest posting an attempt at it.

    -JKop
    JKop, Oct 29, 2004
  4. sj

    sj Guest

    JKop <> wrote in message news:<%kngd.40345$>...
    > sj posted:
    >
    > > Hi;
    > >
    > > I am writing a c++ code to transform matrix, (a) to (b) using
    > > divide-and-conquer method in four recurrence. I am having difficulty
    > > to merge four submatrices to get the answer. could someone give me a
    > > source code or explain to me how to do it. I am sorry if this is not a
    > > right place to ask.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > ks
    > >
    > > (a)
    > >
    > > | 1 1 2 2 |
    > > | 1 1 2 2 |
    > > | 3 3 3 3 | transform to 3 3 3 3 |
    > >
    > > (b)
    > >
    > > | 1 1 2 2 |
    > > | 1 1 0 2 |
    > > | 3 0 0 3 |
    > > | 3 3 3 3 |

    > You're neither offering:
    >
    > A) Money
    >
    > B) The opportunity to teach or mentor
    >

    > If you'd like to opt for option B, I'd suggest posting an attempt at it.
    >

    > -

    No money to offer for this. Money is not everything. I am curious to
    learn this. Many thanks go to the ones who teach me this.
    sj, Oct 30, 2004