algorithm help

sj

Hi;

I am writing a c++ code to transform matrix, (a) to (b) using
divide-and-conquer method in four recurrence. I am having difficulty
to merge four submatrices to get the answer. could someone give me a
source code or explain to me how to do it. I am sorry if this is not a
right place to ask.

Thanks
ks

(a)

| 1 1 2 2 |
| 1 1 2 2 |
| 3 3 3 3 | transform to
| 3 3 3 3 |

(b)

| 1 1 2 2 |
| 1 1 0 2 |
| 3 0 0 3 |
| 3 3 3 3 |

Victor Bazarov

sj said:
I am writing a c++ code to transform matrix, (a) to (b) using
divide-and-conquer method in four recurrence. I am having difficulty
to merge four submatrices to get the answer. could someone give me a
source code or explain to me how to do it. I am sorry if this is not a
right place to ask.

We can't give you the source code. But we can help you correct errors
in your own code. You are saying you have difficulty merging those
submatrices; post your code, we can definitely look at it and recommend
something.

JKop

sj posted:
Hi;

I am writing a c++ code to transform matrix, (a) to (b) using
divide-and-conquer method in four recurrence. I am having difficulty
to merge four submatrices to get the answer. could someone give me a
source code or explain to me how to do it. I am sorry if this is not a
right place to ask.

Thanks
ks

(a)

| 1 1 2 2 |
| 1 1 2 2 |
| 3 3 3 3 | transform to 3 3 3 3 |

(b)

| 1 1 2 2 |
| 1 1 0 2 |
| 3 0 0 3 |
| 3 3 3 3 |

You're neither offering:

A) Money

B) The opportunity to teach or mentor

If you'd like to opt for option B, I'd suggest posting an attempt at it.

-JKop

sj

JKop said:
sj posted:

You're neither offering:

A) Money

B) The opportunity to teach or mentor

If you'd like to opt for option B, I'd suggest posting an attempt at it.

-
No money to offer for this. Money is not everything. I am curious to
learn this. Many thanks go to the ones who teach me this.