Algorithm / Java Code examples

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ronan, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Ronan

    Ronan Guest

    Hi there, is there anyway I can get simple algorithms, java examples of
    these below -

    Adjacency Matrix

    Transitive Closure Matrix

    Shortest-path algorithm

    DFS and BFS traversal

    Floyd all-pairs shortest path algorithm

    Topological Sort

    Reverse DFS Topological Sort

    I googled them but couldn't get enough success. Please help me out. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
    Ronan, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Ronan

    lamont Guest

    There is a graph package available on sourceforge with most of these
    algorithms already implemented.

    Here is a link: http://jung.sourceforge.net/

    Hope this helps.
    lamont, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Ronan

    Ronan Guest

    Thanks, that helps me a lot! Cheers!
    Ronan, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Ronan

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Ronan wrote:

    > I googled them but couldn't get enough success.

    For things like these it's also worth looking for C (and, perhaps, C++)
    implementations. It's usually pretty easy to translate C to Java.

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Ronan

    Lee Peedin Guest

    Ronan,
    You wouldn't happen to be taking courses at UNC Wilmington, would you?
    Your list of examples sounds just like what the guy in the office next
    to me, who's working on his Masters, has been toiling with for several
    months.

    Sure hope that's not the case, cause if it is, you're way behind. :)

    Lee

    Lee Peedin, Apr 7, 2006
  6. Ronan

    Ronan Guest