    At 80 i need all the help i can find.
    Thanks George Smart

    , Jan 27, 2013

  2. On 01/27/2013 09:29 AM, wrote:
    > Hi
    > Question 3 Chp2 Page 76
    > Adds2 to a and assigns the result to b.
    > I have several attemtps,would like to check my answer.help please
    > At 80 i need all the help i can find.
    > Thanks George Smart

    Awesome that you are learning Python! Indeed it is for all ages! What
    does the question say, exactly (maybe quote it)? And definitely post
    your answer to the question as well. It's better for us to work with
    what you have already.

    Michael

    Michael Torrie, Jan 27, 2013

  3. Gene Heskett Guest

    On Sunday 27 January 2013 13:05:27 did opine:
    Message additions Copyright Sunday 27 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

    > Hi
    > Question 3 Chp2 Page 76
    > Adds2 to a and assigns the result to b.
    > I have several attemtps,would like to check my answer.help please
    > At 80 i need all the help i can find.
    > Thanks George Smart

    <sniff, sobs>
    Darn, I've just been dethroned from my resident oldest fart on this list
    throne, I'm only 78.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    My views
    Thyme's Law:
    Everything goes wrong at once.
    I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
    harder and harder to find any...

    Gene Heskett, Jan 27, 2013
  4. shi Guest

    Hello George,

    I found the book you're referring to via google (searching for: tony
    gaddis starting out with python). The question is this:

    3. Write assignment statements that perform the following operations
    with the variables a,b and c.
    a. Adds 2 to a and assigns the result to b
    b. Multiplies b times 4 and assigns the result to a
    c. Divides a by 3.14 and assigns the result to b
    d. Subtracts 8 from and assigns the result to a

    The typical way this list helps in homework assignments is
    for the student to post his solution first, and then
    let someone explain if/why something is wrong, and how to
    go about the right solution.

    I think you will have a lot of fun learning python.
    It's very rewarding.

    Best regards,
    Stefaan.

    shi, Jan 27, 2013
  5. shi Guest

    > d. Subtracts 8 from and assigns the result to a

    this should read: "Subtracts 8 from b and assigns the result to a"

    Funny how none of the assignments involve a variable c, despite the
    question :)

    shi, Jan 27, 2013
  6. rh Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 08:29:45 -0800 (PST)
    wrote:

    > Hi
    > Question 3 Chp2 Page 76
    > Adds2 to a and assigns the result to b.
    > I have several attemtps,would like to check my answer.help please
    > At 80 i need all the help i can find.
    > Thanks George Smart

    This is one I have looked at recently, written by a teacher:
    http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/index.html

    rh, Jan 29, 2013