case, Jack) something like....

From: (e-mail address removed)

How do I use an alias in place of the entire e-mail address? For e.g.
Greg, who is receiving the mail, should see something like

From: Jack

Thanks,

Arpan

Jeff Cochran

You don't. This field is a valid email address, not an alias. It's
required to meet RFC.

Jeff

Jeff Cochran

"You don't" or "You can't", Jeff???

Well, technically, you can. It just doesn't work. :)

This must be a valid email address. You can specify the user in the
field by using a format similar to:

"User Name<[email protected]>"

You cannot simply use an alias (for one thing, where do you think it
would look up the alias?).

Jeff