Alias!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Arpan, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    How do I assign an alias to the mandatory "From" parameter while
    sending mails using CDONTS? The "From" parameter usually takes the
    following form:

    <%
    Dim objMail
    Set objMail=Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NEWMAIL")
    objMail.From=""
    objMail.To=""
    %>

    i.e. the person receiving the mail (in this case, Greg) will see the
    entire e-mail address of the person who has sent the mail (in this
    case, Jack) something like....

    From:

    How do I use an alias in place of the entire e-mail address? For e.g.
    Greg, who is receiving the mail, should see something like

    From: Jack

    Thanks,

    Arpan

    Arpan, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Arpan

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    You don't. This field is a valid email address, not an alias. It's
    required to meet RFC.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    >>You don't.........

    "You don't" or "You can't", Jeff???

    Thanks,

    Regards,

    Arpan

    Arpan, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Arpan

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 29 Sep 2005 08:57:11 -0700, "Arpan" <> wrote:

    >>>You don't.........

    >"You don't" or "You can't", Jeff???

    Well, technically, you can. It just doesn't work. :)

    This must be a valid email address. You can specify the user in the
    field by using a format similar to:

    "User Name<>"

    You cannot simply use an alias (for one thing, where do you think it
    would look up the alias?).

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Oct 5, 2005