align center qestion

the idiot

i hope this isnt too stupid a question but how would i align this to the
center?

cheers.

<head>
<title></title>
</head>

banner</div>
menu</div>
style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:80px;width:200px;height:100px;backgrou
nd:#ff9900;">1st column</div>
style="position:absolute;left:200px;top:80px;width:550px;height:300px;backgr
ound:#dd6124;">2nd column</div>

Barbara de Zoete

i hope this isnt too stupid a question but how would i align this to the
center?

Don't post code. Provide an example page on a temporary url.

Anyways:
1. Why make all styles inline? It is a horror (to me) to try and read it.
Better put it all together in a stylesheet.

2. If you set the fixed width (ugh yak) of 750px you've chosen to the
body, and add margin:0 auto; the body will center itself in the viewport
of a graphical browser.

the idiot

Barbara de Zoete said:
Don't post code. Provide an example page on a temporary url.

Anyways:
1. Why make all styles inline? It is a horror (to me) to try and read it.
Better put it all together in a stylesheet.

2. If you set the fixed width (ugh yak) of 750px you've chosen to the
body, and add margin:0 auto; the body will center itself in the viewport
of a graphical browser.

i normally use css but i just found this bit of code (it was actually for a
four column 100% beast) and i was trying to mangle it to my needs - but alas
my head isnt working today...

thanks though

the idiot

Barbara de Zoete said:
Don't post code. Provide an example page on a temporary url.

Anyways:
1. Why make all styles inline? It is a horror (to me) to try and read it.
Better put it all together in a stylesheet.

2. If you set the fixed width (ugh yak) of 750px you've chosen to the
body, and add margin:0 auto; the body will center itself in the viewport
of a graphical browser.
sorry here it is
http://www.207g.karoo.net/2 column.html