Align Columns from Multiple Tables

Discussion in 'HTML' started by justengland@gmail.com, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have a web page that has 4 tables, 1 table is the holder for the
    other 3 tables. I want to columns to line up in the 3 tables, but the
    text within the table cells is dynamic so the column widths from table
    to table are inconsistent. Is there any tricks to make the 3 table
    line up?

    Code looks something like this

    , Feb 21, 2007

  2. Remy Guest

    Obvious answer is that you could try something like this:

    depends how you want your table to look like. And I think adding the
    border color to the tr element is actually not a good idea, but you
    could add it to the td elements.
    Then, everybody recommends css nowadays...

    Remy, Feb 21, 2007

    The problem I was haveing was because I had set the table width, and
    then set the column widths. To get the alignment correct you can
    either set the table width or column widths, when you mix the parser
    messes everything up.

    , Feb 21, 2007