    theorangesite.mysite.freeserve.com/miscellaneous/001/003.htm

    why I cannot get the "copyright" info at the bottom of the page to align to
    the left?? like the other pages.

    Franklin P Patchey, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Franklin P Patchey wrote:

    > theorangesite.mysite.freeserve.com/miscellaneous/001/003.htm

    > why I cannot get the "copyright" info at the bottom of the page to align
    > to the left?? like the other pages.

    Because your markup is invalid and nonsensical.

    (1) It doesn't appear to be a quote, so you shouldn't use the <blockquote>
    element.

    (2) The <font> tag is deprecated and should not be used

    (3) There is no, and never has been, and align attribute for <font>

    You probably want something like:

    font-size: 80%;">&copy; Franklin P Patchey &amp; Tony Rager.</p>

    .... except you should use an external, linked style sheet to make the code
    easier to maintain, and that you shouldn't need to fiddle with the
    text-align as left is the default for paragraphs.

    You should also learn to love http://validator.w3.org/

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/

    David Dorward, Sep 20, 2003
  3. Franklin P Patchey

    JT Guest

    Franklin P Patchey" wrote:-
    > Can anyone tell me why on my webpage:
    > theorangesite.mysite.freeserve.com
    > on path:
    > theorangesite.mysite.freeserve.com/miscellaneous/001/003.htm
    >
    > why I cannot get the "copyright" info at the bottom of the page to align

    > the left?? like the other pages.

    Hi Franklin,

    This is just an answer your question, and not get involved in anything else,
    that can be left to others.

    This is the markup you have on the page layout you say is wanted
    the next step...</B></A><BR></P><BR><BR><BR></DIV>
    Tony Rager.</FONT></blockquote></P>

    This is the markup on the page you don't want - note the </DIV> is missing
    below
    <BR></BR>
    Patchey & Tony Rager.</FONT></blockquote></P>

    JT, Sep 20, 2003