Aligning Lists and Netscape 7.02

Mike Novak

I am trying to make a navigation bar on the left side of this page:

http://mnovak.home.mchsi.com/test/page2.html

(The content is meaningless and only the top two links work, I am in the
process of "learning by doing" here.)

On MSIE6 and Opera, the links line up flush left as I intend them to, but on
Netscape and Mozilla they are indented.

I can create the look that I want if I use divs instead of the unordered
list, but from what I have been reading in this group it seems that
presenting the links as a list is the more proper way to do this.

I have been doing my homework on this, but even Toby Inkster's tutorial on
"fancy navbars"

http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/Documents/html_tutorial/css-rollovers.html

displays indented on Netscape and Mozilla.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Lauri Raittila

I am trying to make a navigation bar on the left side of this page:

http://mnovak.home.mchsi.com/test/page2.html

I don't have time to debug, sorry.
On MSIE6 and Opera, the links line up flush left as I intend them to, but on
Netscape and Mozilla they are indented.

Mozilla draws list differently. Make sure you have all margins and
padding in both ul and li elements set.
I can create the look that I want if I use divs instead of the unordered
list, but from what I have been reading in this group it seems that
presenting the links as a list is the more proper way to do this.

Yes.

PS. try your site on <600px window (use % for big margins.)