Aligning Lists and Netscape 7.02

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mike Novak, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Mike Novak

    Mike Novak Guest

    I am trying to make a navigation bar on the left side of this page:

    http://mnovak.home.mchsi.com/test/page2.html

    (The content is meaningless and only the top two links work, I am in the
    process of "learning by doing" here.)

    On MSIE6 and Opera, the links line up flush left as I intend them to, but on
    Netscape and Mozilla they are indented.

    I can create the look that I want if I use divs instead of the unordered
    list, but from what I have been reading in this group it seems that
    presenting the links as a list is the more proper way to do this.

    I have been doing my homework on this, but even Toby Inkster's tutorial on
    "fancy navbars"

    http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/Documents/html_tutorial/css-rollovers.html

    displays indented on Netscape and Mozilla.

    Does anyone know of a fix for this?

    Mike Novak, Jul 15, 2003

  2. On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:28:47 +0000, Mike Novak wrote:

    > I have been doing my homework on this, but even Toby Inkster's tutorial on
    > "fancy navbars"
    >
    > http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/Documents/html_tutorial/css-rollovers.html
    >
    > displays indented on Netscape and Mozilla.

    PS: Thanks for pointing out. Fixed.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 15, 2003

  3. In article <O0HQa.62308$Ph3.5930@sccrnsc04>, Mike Novak wrote:
    > I am trying to make a navigation bar on the left side of this page:
    >
    > http://mnovak.home.mchsi.com/test/page2.html

    I don't have time to debug, sorry.

    > On MSIE6 and Opera, the links line up flush left as I intend them to, but on
    > Netscape and Mozilla they are indented.

    Mozilla draws list differently. Make sure you have all margins and
    padding in both ul and li elements set.

    > I can create the look that I want if I use divs instead of the unordered
    > list, but from what I have been reading in this group it seems that
    > presenting the links as a list is the more proper way to do this.

    Yes.

    PS. try your site on <600px window (use % for big margins.)

    Saapi lähettää meiliä, jos aihe ei liity ryhmään, tai on yksityinen
    tjsp., mutta älä lähetä samaa viestiä meilitse ja ryhmään.

    Lauri Raittila, Jul 15, 2003