aligning text

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Paul Watt, May 11, 2006.

  1. Paul Watt

    Paul Watt Guest

    Paul Watt, May 11, 2006

  2. Paul Watt

    boclair Guest

    Paul Watt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?
    >
    > http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

    add a suitable margin-top to the floated menu rule set.

    Suggest also
    1.. set width for floated menu
    2.. use DTD strict

    Louise

    boclair, May 11, 2006

  3. Paul Watt

    Gus Richter Guest

    Paul Watt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?
    >
    > http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

    I would give position:relative; to .header and to the child .topmenu
    give position:absolute;right:0;bottom:0; and remove float:right;

    Applying vertical-align:bottom; to .header accomplishes nothing. I
    suspect that you wished this to align the image to the bottom of your
    header box, so remove it from .header and create a new declaration
    img{vertical-align:bottom;} to make it happen.

    When using XHTML 1.0, Appendix "C" must be applied. You correctly
    applied the xmlns attribute to the html element, but you forgot to apply
    the minimized tag syntax (trailing /), with at least one space before
    the trailing / for compatibility, to the empty elements LINK and IMG.

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, May 11, 2006
  4. Paul Watt

    Paul Watt Guest

    "Gus Richter" <> wrote in message
    > Paul Watt wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?
    >>
    >> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

    > I would give position:relative; to .header and to the child .topmenu give
    > position:absolute;right:0;bottom:0; and remove float:right;
    >
    > Applying vertical-align:bottom; to .header accomplishes nothing. I suspect
    > that you wished this to align the image to the bottom of your header box,
    > so remove it from .header and create a new declaration
    > img{vertical-align:bottom;} to make it happen.
    >
    > When using XHTML 1.0, Appendix "C" must be applied. You correctly applied
    > the xmlns attribute to the html element, but you forgot to apply the
    > minimized tag syntax (trailing /), with at least one space before the
    > trailing / for compatibility, to the empty elements LINK and IMG.
    >
    > --
    > Gus

    Thank you Gus,
    Worked a treat!