aligning text

Gus Richter

Paul said:
Hi,

How can I get the menu text to sit at the bottom of the Div?

http://www.paulwatt.info/test/anna/

I would give position:relative; to .header and to the child .topmenu
give position:absolute;right:0;bottom:0; and remove float:right;

Applying vertical-align:bottom; to .header accomplishes nothing. I
suspect that you wished this to align the image to the bottom of your
header box, so remove it from .header and create a new declaration
img{vertical-align:bottom;} to make it happen.

When using XHTML 1.0, Appendix "C" must be applied. You correctly
applied the xmlns attribute to the html element, but you forgot to apply
the minimized tag syntax (trailing /), with at least one space before
the trailing / for compatibility, to the empty elements LINK and IMG.

Paul Watt

Gus Richter said:
I would give position:relative; to .header and to the child .topmenu give
position:absolute;right:0;bottom:0; and remove float:right;

Applying vertical-align:bottom; to .header accomplishes nothing. I suspect
that you wished this to align the image to the bottom of your header box,
so remove it from .header and create a new declaration
img{vertical-align:bottom;} to make it happen.

When using XHTML 1.0, Appendix "C" must be applied. You correctly applied
the xmlns attribute to the html element, but you forgot to apply the
minimized tag syntax (trailing /), with at least one space before the
trailing / for compatibility, to the empty elements LINK and IMG.

Thank you Gus,
Worked a treat!

Paul