Aligning to top in a table?

Don Wiss

Hi,

I'm self taught and I hand code. I look at other web pages, get a little
help from friends, and do look at html help web sites. I try not to do
anything fancy.

I'm trying to add google ads to some of my pages. I used the code they gave
me. But their ad doesn't align itself at the top. Despite my using <th
align=top>. I looked at another site and they had <td align=top>, but that
didn't change anything. A test page I put up can be found at:

http://candidapage.com/indsites/

Also something has turned all the page, except my footer lines, into bold.
I have made no changes, so it would appear that something in the google
code has changed my font. Or does using tables default to a bold font?

Thanks, Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven Don Wiss:
http://candidapage.com/indsites/

Also something has turned all the page, except my footer lines,
into bold. I have made no changes, so it would appear that
something in the google code has changed my font. Or does using
tables default to a bold font?

All of your content is in a <th> element, which by default is bold
text. Change to a <td>. Oh, and add the missing <tr>!

<th align=left> <-- left is the default

<ul>

Thanks, Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

You're welcome. I don't know about Google ads.

Don Wiss

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Quoth the raven Don Wiss:

All of your content is in a <th> element, which by default is bold
text. Change to a <td>.

Thanks. That took care of that problem.
Oh, and add the missing <tr>!

But that messes everything up. I still want the google ads along the left,
as they are now. They are now centered along the left. I want them at the
top. My real pages are long and now the google box is way, way down on
them. To get more ads shown I may chop my my pages, and what I posted here
is just an example of one chopped up.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Sid Ismail

: I'm trying to add google ads to some of my pages. I used the code they gave
: me. But their ad doesn't align itself at the top. Despite my using <th
: align=top>. I looked at another site and they had <td align=top>, but that
: didn't change anything.

V = Vertical

Sid