    do you guys work around the fact that IE interpretes some
    things really weird?

    Thanks

    haig, Jul 18, 2006

  2. haig

    haig Guest

    haig <> wrote in news:mD5vg.543822$2t2.13097032
    @phobos.telenet-ops.be:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've been struggeling with some aligning with css. Ofcourse
    > it would be relatively easy if al browser were "the same".
    > Now take a look at this site if you like
    > http://users.pandora.be/wptst
    > As you can see it's just for testing. Is this the good way to
    > align some title, text, and navbar or are there beter? The
    > navbar and intro are behaving strange if I resize the browser.
    > Just some tips to do some good aligning are also welcome. How
    > do you guys work around the fact that IE interpretes some
    > things really weird?
    >
    > Thanks

    What about floats, is that a good solution?

    haig, Jul 18, 2006

  3. haig

    BootNic Guest

    > "haig" <> wrote:
    >
    > Hi
    >
    > I've been struggeling with some aligning with css. Ofcourse
    > it would be relatively easy if al browser were "the same".
    > Now take a look at this site if you like
    > http://users.pandora.be/wptst
    > As you can see it's just for testing. Is this the good way to
    > align some title, text, and navbar or are there beter? The
    > navbar and intro are behaving strange if I resize the browser.
    > Just some tips to do some good aligning are also welcome. How
    > do you guys work around the fact that IE interpretes some
    > things really weird?

    If you were to take IE out of quirks mode, your test.html would view in IE
    similar to Opera and Mozilla.

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

    not

    From your example I see no reason not to use

    BootNic Tuesday, July 18, 2006 6:38 PM

    The only thing wrong with immortality is that it tends to go on
    forever.
    *Herb Caen*

    BootNic, Jul 18, 2006
  4. haig

    jojo Guest

    BootNic schrieb:
    >> "haig" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I've been struggeling with some aligning with css. Ofcourse
    >> it would be relatively easy if al browser were "the same".
    >> Now take a look at this site if you like
    >> http://users.pandora.be/wptst
    >> As you can see it's just for testing. Is this the good way to
    >> align some title, text, and navbar or are there beter? The
    >> navbar and intro are behaving strange if I resize the browser.
    >> Just some tips to do some good aligning are also welcome. How
    >> do you guys work around the fact that IE interpretes some
    >> things really weird?

    > If you were to take IE out of quirks mode, your test.html would view in
    > IE similar to Opera and Mozilla.

    In IE 6. The older versions still view it falsely. /They/ do not have
    any QUIRKS-mode which can be switched off, it's default to view it
    wrong. The QUIRKS-mode was invented because IE 6 *can* view it right, so
    all pages which offered workarounds for IE were interpreted *wrong* (or
    at least not the way IE was supposed to interpret and view them).

    jojo, Jul 21, 2006