Alignment of a result field

eddie wang

My field result is " Total Operating Revenue", which has spaces
before the words.

But, when I use the following html to display, I don't see the spaces.
Why? Thanks.

class=content4><%=ars.Fields("line_item_nm")%></font></td>

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Because HTML ignores white space. You can use replace(str, " ", "&nbsp;")
or <PRE></PRE> maybe.

J00 Moo

html issue --

change the spaces to &nbsp; if you want them all to show up -- most browsers
will only display one space in any given string of spaces. Personally I
would set the table justification differently