    except a label or two.

    I definately had not changed anything to cause this.

    Is there any hope?
    AC, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Hello,

    hmm. It is hard for us to troubleshoot it without further more information.

    If the problem could be reproduced, could you please paste detailed steps in the group so that other community members
    could share idea with you? And I could also contact product group to isolate problems with these solid steps.

    If the problem just happens suddently and you don't know how it happnes, I suggest you contact Microsoft 1:1 support to
    have one support engineer to work specially with you. You could use one of the support incidents included with your MSDN
    subscription to submit request.

    Thanks very much. If you have follow up questions, please post here.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    !From: "AC" <>
    !Sender: "AC" <>
    !Subject: All Controls on page Lost!!
    !Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:20:04 -0700
    !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    !
    !This happened to me once before and luckily I have been
    !backing up regularly - but as i'm designing and testing, I
    !went back to a page (heavily designed with many particular
    !spacings, control designs, etc..) and everything is gone
    !except a label or two.
    !
    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Jul 18, 2003

  3. AC

    Tejas Joshi Guest

    this used to happen to me in the begining days of my learning asp.net..
    after days of frustration, I'd found out that if i try to switch between the
    design and code view to rapidly.. or if i switch from design view to code
    view, when the design view is being loaded.. most of the time i'd lose the
    controls.. so i started to wait to let the page load and avoid rapid
    switches, untill i was working with that particular installation of vs.net
    product..

    "Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > hmm. It is hard for us to troubleshoot it without further more

    information.

    > If the problem could be reproduced, could you please paste detailed steps

    in the group so that other community members
    > could share idea with you? And I could also contact product group to

    isolate problems with these solid steps.

    > If the problem just happens suddently and you don't know how it happnes, I

    suggest you contact Microsoft 1:1 support to
    > have one support engineer to work specially with you. You could use one of

    the support incidents included with your MSDN
    > subscription to submit request.
    >
    > Thanks very much. If you have follow up questions, please post here.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Yanhong Huang
    > Microsoft Online Partner Support

    rights.

    Tejas Joshi, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Hi Anthony,

    I am glad to hear it.

    Thanks very much for participating the community.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    !From: Anthony Centrella <>
    !Subject: Re: All Controls on page Lost!!
    !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    !Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:47:47 -0700
    !
    !
    !Thanks to some help I found that it is a known bug with a patch to fix
    !it.
    !
    !
    !
    !patch available at
    !http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/datalossifx.aspx
    !
    !
    !*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
    !Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
    !
    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Jul 22, 2003