All items show in menu even when roles are specified

Chicagoboy27

I have all the following site map ...

<siteMapNode url="nothing.aspx" title="nothing" description="Home"
roles="">
<siteMapNode url="default.asp" title="Home" description="Home"
roles="" />
<siteMapNode url="test.aspx" title="test" description="test"
roles="test" />
<siteMapNode url="test2.aspx" title="test2" description="test"
roles="test2" />
</siteMapNode>

Both test and test2 show up on the menu when i log in with a user that
has only test as their role. The only way I can make test2 hide based
on role is using the following:

<siteMapNode url="nothing.aspx" title="nothing" description="Home"
roles="">
<siteMapNode url="default.asp" title="Home" description="Home"
roles="" />
<siteMapNode url="test.aspx" title="test1" description="test"
roles="test" />
<siteMapNode title="test2" description="test2">
<siteMapNode url="test2.aspx" title="test2"
description="test2"
roles="test2" />
</siteMapNode>

I am using securityTrimmingEnabled="true" in my web.config. I am not
sure how to make scenerio 1 work without having to add the extra node.

Thanks for your help in advance

Chicagoboy27

I think I was able to figure it out

added to web config