All My FAQs revisited

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

JD said:
Kim said:
Yesterday, I received the backup files of AllMyFAQs.com from Jerry
Muelver himself, just so I could get a version up and running.

The following two URLs point to the exact same location, so just use
the one you feel most comfortable with.

http://allmyfaqs.net/
http://allmyfaqs.org/

I had to make a few changes to make it work somewhat properly (it's
now read-only, and the "page index" link points to the .net domain
above). I know that some of the internal links are absolute (in
which case they point to the .net domain above).

Let me know if you notice any errors that need to be fixed.

On JavaScript FAQs -> Determine window size

[ http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Determine_window_size ]

"An example of this can be seen [here]" link is broken.

Thanks for letting me know. I removed the link, since I couldn't find
it anywhere on Kae Verens' current site, and neither parts of his old
site is indexed by the Internet Wayback Machine (thanks to his use of
robots.txt).

Stewart Gordon

That's because it was stuck in read-only mode for quite a long time
before it finally went down altogether.
The reason for this is because when we were hosting it, we discovered that
the script used to power the site was insecure. It was allowing anyone,
with malicious intent, to run code that could bring down the server. Patch
the script and you should be fine.

I know about cross-site scripting, but don't see how that can be used to
bring down a server. Is there some other vulnerability I haven't heard of?

Stewart.

--

the 'group where everyone may benefit.