All .packlist files contain relative filenames?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by moxie, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. moxie

    moxie Guest

    I am using perl v5.6.1 which I have compiled on a Solaris 8/sparc server
    using gcc v3.2.2. Building and installing perl was fairly
    straight forward, save for some noise related to having to modify
    makedepend.SH to remove some dummy prototype templates. The build of
    perl works really well, save for one oddity: all of the .packlists
    that are created contain *just* filenames, not absolute pathnames to
    where the files are. For example, the .packlist for a build of
    SpamAssassin on my FreeBSD box [perl 5.005_03] looks like:

    /usr/local/bin/sa-learn
    /usr/local/bin/spamassassin
    /usr/local/bin/spamc
    ....etc.

    While the .packlist on the Solaris box contains just:

    ArchiveIterator.pm
    AuditMessage.pm
    AutoWhitelist.pm
    Bayes.pm
    ....etc.

    This issue is not limited to just the SpamAssassin package; anything
    installed using CPAN exhibits this behavior. It is annoying because
    it prevents me from being able to uninstall packages cleanly.

    I do realize that v5.6.1 is not the most current version, but I must
    use it for other dependancy reasons.

    Any ideas as to what is going on? I'm tempted to compile 5.8 just to
    see if it exhibits this behavior as well. perl -V output is posted
    below. Thanks in advance,

    Steve

    % perl -V

    Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 1) configuration:
    Platform:
    osname=solaris, osvers=2.8, archname=sun4-solaris
    uname='sunos dev8 5.8 generic_108528-18 sun4u sparc '
    config_args='-Dprefix=/usr/local/perl5.6.1 -Uinstallusrbinperl -des'
    usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef usemultiplicity=undef
    useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
    Compiler:
    cc='gcc', ccflags ='-fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64',
    optimize='-O',
    cppflags='-fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include'
    ccversion='', gccversion='3.2.2', gccosandvers='solaris2.8'
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=4321
    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=16
    ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', lseeksize=8
    alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=y, prototype=define
    Linker and Libraries:
    ld='gcc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib '
    libpth=/usr/local/lib /usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib
    libs=-lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm -lc
    perllibs=-lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm -lc
    libc=/lib/libc.so, so=so, useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
    Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
    cccdlflags='-fPIC', lddlflags='-G -L/usr/local/lib'

    moxie, Jul 22, 2003