All request are sent to my application, even for .gif ???

WT

I don't understand, since I migrated my web site to VS2005+ APS.NET 2 (C#),
all the request reach my
Application_BeginRequest

method in Global.ascx.cs and generate unecessary computing.
I think that I have missed some new parameter in web.config or somewehre
else.

Anybody having idea welcome.

CS

CJ

It sounds like IIS is configured to handle .gif file extension. If
requests for every file type are being sent to ASP.NET then it's
happening at the IIS level.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi CS,

Are you using file system based website project in VS 2005? If this is the
case, the behavior you met is expected because when using file based
website project, the VS 2005 will use the new TestServer to run the
application instead of IIS. And the test server dosn't have filter or
extensions like IIS to router different requests to different extensions.
Thus, all the requests (no matter for ASP.NET pages or handlers or static
files ) are processed by the ASP.NET runtime.

If you're using IIS as the host, this seems a strange behavior and you
should have a check in the IIS site or virtual dir's extension mapping.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

WT

Hello Steven,

Thanks for answer.
Yes I am using TestServer, so it is 'normal'.
I think that I have now to mimic IIS and filter requests with .gif,.jpg,.js.
to have my test environment working as IIS would behave.
That don't look good to me. Is there a way to turn this feature on in
TestServer ?
I am disapointed a lot with VS2005, in the past I was used to generate my
web site as an assembly. This was generating a huge dll but all the errors
were checked by the build process: with 2005, this feature is no more
available and I discover error (even syntax) in the debug phase. No very
friendly.

CS.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup CS,

So far the .NET TestServer hasn't provided support like static file
extension filters like what IIS has. And I do admit that this is a big
limitation, you can submit this request to the MSDN feedback site:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx

In addition, as for the following question you mentioned:

=================
I am disapointed a lot with VS2005, in the past I was used to generate my
web site as an assembly. This was generating a huge dll but all the errors
were checked by the build process: with 2005, this feature is no more
available and I discover error (even syntax) in the debug phase. No very
friendly.
=================

We do have recieved some feedback from other customers on this. And our
ASPNET dev team is providing an additional project model for ASP.NET 2.0
web application, which is under beta2 now:

#Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (Beta V2 Preview)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/

Though it can not provide 100% same functionality as the vs2003/ASP.NET 1.1
webproject due to the different compilation model, but that do help
developers work with ASP.NET 2.0 project much like the vs2003/ASP.NET 1.1
ones. Also, some other project types like the Web Deployment project are
also being created to meet some further requirements and feedback from our
customers.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/

Anyway, we do appreciate your feedback and suggestions to our products
which can help us make it better and better.