All validators stopped working

Marina

Hi,

A very weird thing has happened. Today, all the validators on all the pages
and user controls on one of the servers stopped working. They seem to do
the validation server side, instead of client side. Other servers are
running the same code without a problem.

I compared the HTML output by the server causing the problem, and the one
that doesn't. It is identical other then some of the viewstate.

The only thing I can think of that is different is the installation of the
ABCUpload component on that box. Some Web.config settings have been added -
but none that would make me suspect would be responsible.

Any ideas?

Rajesh Tiwari

in ur web.config file are u manipulating "ClientTarget" attribute,it shud
not be "downlevel".
or something might be wrong with ur webuivalidation.js.

Marina

ClientTarget is not anywhere in Web.config at all.

I don't know about the webuivalidation.js - but I can't image what would
suddenly break it...

Marina

The folder under aspnet client was missing the 1.1 directory with the
validation files. The 1.0 ones were there. I have no idea why this directory
got deleted.

Rajesh Tiwari

is ur problem solved now

--