[Allen R. Cha] I'm developing FTP Client. but i have a problem. plsease help me.

Allen R. Cha

I'm developing FTP Client. but i have a problem.

System Env. :
Server : wow linux, kernel ver 2.4.x
client : Windows XP Home edition.

I'm developing FTP Client Application. but I got error message "550 no
such file or directory".
But i absolutly watch file i want to get in server.
I don't know why... so i'm sad.

there is success in network comunicaton between same client program
and kernel ver 2.2.x.

welcome to any answer.
please help me.

Victor Bazarov

Allen said:
I'm developing FTP Client. but i have a problem.

System Env. :
Server : wow linux, kernel ver 2.4.x
client : Windows XP Home edition.

I'm developing FTP Client Application. but I got error message "550 no
such file or directory".

So, the server tells you that there is no file with the name you provide.
But i absolutly watch file i want to get in server.

You absolutely watch? You mean, you know it's there, right? Make sure
that the name you see on your screen is the same your program sends to
the server.
I don't know why... so i'm sad.

The only reason is that the file name you send is really not the one that
designates the file.
there is success in network comunicaton between same client program
and kernel ver 2.2.x.

I'd say so, if you get a response from the server...

Have you tried debugging your program? Well, I guess not.

Your problem _may_ be a C++ programming issue (like confusing '/' and '\')
but since you provided no code, there is no way to say for sure. It is
more likely an operator mistake (typing the file name wrong or something
like that), in which case, keep on trying.

If you want more help, start with reading the Welcome message, then the
FAQ, then if you don't find the answers there, post again while following
the posting guidelines expressed in the Welcome message and in the FAQ.

Mike Wahler

Victor Bazarov said:
Your problem _may_ be a C++ programming issue (like confusing '/' and '\')
but since you provided no code, there is no way to say for sure. It is
more likely an operator mistake (typing the file name wrong or something
like that), in which case, keep on trying.

Other things to consider:

- The string containing your file name might not be properly terminated.

- Your OS file system might have case sensitive file names which
your code doesn't consider.

- Your program might not have suffient 'access permission' from the OS

-Mike