Allocation of memory for Array of Pointers

Martin Ambuhl

chandan said:
Cool down, man!! Why, you are showing so much aggression?

Don't patronize me, you idiot. You are the one that not only posted
bullshit but then tried to justify your doing it.
There is little worse than someone who writes something like:
Forgot to mention that u must typecast the calloc function as its
return type is void * (however some compiler automatically return
pointer type of the type_of_its_second_ argument.)

You tell someone that they *must* do something. What you tell them they
*must* do is not only not required, but bad practice. Further, the
parenthesized sentence is hopelessly confused: it is the library
function that returns a value, not the compiler, and neither the library
function nor the compiler looks at an argument type to decide what to
return.

You pose as someone who knows, and prescibe to others. You have no
right either to claiming knowledge or to prescribing to others. Giving
bullshit advice is a sin; claiming that it *must* be followed is a
mortal sin.
No, not now.... :). Feeling happy.

Turn you home-schooling psychology certification in for a refund. The
day that a know-nothing bullshitter like you has any business being
patronizing to me is a long way off.

Keith Thompson

chandan said:
Cool down, man!! Why, you are showing so much aggression?

No, not now.... :). Feeling happy.

At your current level of expertise, you need to acknowledge that your
advice isn't necessarily correct. You've posted misinformation
(unintentionally, I'm sure), and you've phrased it in a way that
implies you're very certain that you're correct. This is positively
dangerous.

If you want to post a guess while making it very clear that it's only
a guess, that's ok; there are plenty of people who can correct you if
you're wrong. (We all make mistakes, after all.) But posting bad
information while claiming certainty is far worse than making an
honest mistake.