Allow user to file>save dynamically changed page content?

mosaic.com

I don't know who to go with for this question, googling is not very
helpful, if anyone has an idea i would appreciate it.

The issue: I created a page that will be used as a template for HTML
emails by non technical users. It consists of the layout, dummy
content, and a form that the user can enter the correct data into.
Pressing the form button updates the page with the appropriate content
and destroys the form. At this point i would like the user to save the
updated page for use but when saving they get the original page with
dummy content.

Is there any techniques or workarounds to access the dynamically
updated data for saving??

Tx,
Dyea

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 3/10/2006 6:47 PM:
I don't know who to go with for this question, googling is not very
helpful, if anyone has an idea i would appreciate it.

The issue: I created a page that will be used as a template for HTML
emails by non technical users. It consists of the layout, dummy
content, and a form that the user can enter the correct data into.
Pressing the form button updates the page with the appropriate content
and destroys the form. At this point i would like the user to save the
updated page for use but when saving they get the original page with
dummy content.

Is there any techniques or workarounds to access the dynamically
updated data for saving??

You could always open a new window for saving and populate that window
with the original pages code by using the innerHTML of the document.body
or document.documentElement

Search the archives.

mosaic.com

Just found that one thanks for the reply though. Since this is an
inhouse tool for just a couple users on a certain browser its a fine
workaround.

Dyea