    capability was anticipated....

    Thanks,
    -KF

    Guest, Mar 18, 2005

    darrel Guest

    > What's the general approach to making this "go" in ASP.NET? Surely this
    > capability was anticipated....

    I am *no* expert on .net by any means, but I've been working on something
    similiar, though perhaps not quite as robust as yours. What I've done is
    this:

    page.aspx
    - contentControl.ascx
    - customControl.ascx

    contentControl loads the text for that page (if applicable). The
    customControl will load another control specified by the editor from the
    CMS. For instance, they may want to have the contact directory loaded on
    that page.

    So, they are distinct, which is different than what you are asking, but
    maybe that's an option.

    Just a thought...perhaps have the CMS text editor insert an empty SPAN tag
    in the content. Parse the content for the specific span tag (ie <span
    id="contactDirectory.aspx></span>) and, if it exists, then have the page
    load that control, and then use innerhtml to send the output of the control
    to that specific place on the page.

    -Darrel

    darrel, Mar 18, 2005