    Interesting feature with great potential. Give it a try.

    Martin
    , Dec 25, 2006

  2. Scripsit :

    > qwara.com introduced new interesting functionality.

    You're advertizing your own site without saying it honestly. Always a useful
    indicator.

    > visitors
    > will be able to translate content of your site by single click.

    "Currently supported languages are:
    english, italian, french, german, spanish, portuguese, arabic, japanese,
    korean, chinese, russian and slovak."

    You can't even write language names correctly (English uses capitalized
    names), yet you advertize "translation".

    > Qwara.com does automatically recognize visitors location

    Oh well, that's a final indicator of bogosity.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Re: allow visitors to simply translate your site to their nativelanguage !

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > qwara.com introduced new interesting functionality. At
    > http://www.qwara.com/browse you can find interesting free translation
    > service. If you provide link to www.qwara.com/?i=referer, visitors will
    > be able to translate content of your site by single click. Qwara.com
    > does automatically recognize visitors location and according this
    > information, qwara will automatically translate url contained in the
    > referer value in the header.
    >
    > Interesting feature with great potential. Give it a try.

    Your English-to-English translation doesn't even work. For the original
    text at www.france.com,

    "France.com is your one-stop online location for everything France! If
    you need it, France.com truly is "the fastest way to France"! Be sure to
    check our forums, featured articles, news, and hotel listings of the
    best hotels in France."

    your translation comes out as

    "France.com is your one-stop online hiring for everything France! Yew
    you need it, France.com truly is “the fastest way to France”! Be sour to
    check our forums, featured articles, news, and hotel listings of the
    best hotels in France."

    Evidently your software decided that the original is in French, so it
    translated those English words that happen to be spelled the same as
    French ones from French to English.

    OK, let's try a real translation. The page at
    http://support.amen.fr/faq/ says,

    "Vous pouvez parcourir notre FAQ selon différentes méthodes :
    - En intégralité via les liens HTML ou PDF en haut de cette page (le
    format PDF n'est accessible que pour nos clients)
    - Via une recherche sur un numéro de question ou bien des mots clés
    - En naviguant au sein des rubriques. A tout moment, le bouton 'Retour'
    vous permet alors de remonter d'une catégorie, et le bouton 'Début' vous
    permet de revenir à la liste initiale des rubriques."

    Your translation into English:

    "You can traverse our FAQ according to various methods:
    - In integrality via bonds HTML or pdf in top of this page (format pdf
    is accessible only for our customers)
    - Via a research on a number of question or many key words
    - While sailing within the headings. Constantly, the button “Return”
    then enables you to go up of a category, and the button “Beginning”
    enables you to return to the basic list headings."

    Just awful.
    Harlan Messinger, Dec 25, 2006
  4. edgy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    Qwara.com
    > does automatically recognize visitors location and according this
    > information, qwara will automatically translate url contained in the
    > referer value in the header.

    Man, this is one feature that really bothers me on some websites while
    traveling the world! I can' remember which big site does this, but i do
    remember it being a real pain in the ass sitting in various internet cafes,
    airport lounges, etc...
    edgy, Dec 27, 2006
  5. Re: allow visitors to simply translate your site to their nativelanguage !

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > qwara.com introduced new interesting functionality. At
    > http://www.qwara.com/browse you can find interesting free translation
    > service. If you provide link to www.qwara.com/?i=referer, visitors will
    > be able to translate content of your site by single click. Qwara.com
    > does automatically recognize visitors location and according this
    > information, qwara will automatically translate url contained in the
    > referer value in the header.

    Why would you assume that everybody in a location where a given language
    spoken needs a translation into that language? Wouldn't you think that
    people traveling abroad might need *local* sites translated into *their*
    language? How in the world can you make that work for multilingual
    countries?
    Harlan Messinger, Dec 27, 2006