allowing access to a printer over the internet

Lord Merlin

I wonder if anyone could suggest some options to this problem for me:

I want my clients to be able to print straight to some of our printers over
the internet. The reason: 1) So I don't have to purchase all the
applications they have, simply to print their data. & 2) So they can have
access the printer drivers options.

Sharing a printer on the internet isn't wise, which is why I thought of
doing it via a website. And a few factors came into mind:

1) will the data be secure? maybe encrypted even?
2) who will be able to print to it?
3) can a client only print, once his deposit payment has gone through the
payment system?

Has anyone been able to make such a project work? I tried Google, and most
of the stuff refers to the HP internet-print print server, which won't work
in our scenario, since we have printers that work on LPR, their controllers
are OS/2, and the supplier won't change it just for one company.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends
(John 15:13).