allowing end users to modify page templates WITHOUT vs.net

darrel

I'm designing a web app that I'd like to be able to allow end-users the
ability to modify the HTML pages (aspx) layout/template without actually
having to be .net developers running vs.net

For instance, I might have a page like this:

<%getMenu()%>
....html...
<%getContent()%>
....more html...

And, if a person would prefer to put the menu below the content, they could
just modify the ASPX source to do so. Sort of like how most PHP systems are
built.

That, in itself, is no big deal.

Where I'm stumped is how a person, if they wanted to, could make two
separate templates. It'd be nice if they could just copy the first ASPX
page, rearrange their HTML, and link to it as a separate whole page.

The issue would be the codebehind. The functions on each ASPX page would be
exactly the same, but can both pages reference the same codebehind page? If
not, any suggestions on the best way to approach this? Should I move all of
my functions out of codebehind pages and make them shared classes?

-Darrel