Allowing multiple sites to share Cached Data?

Sam-I-Am

Hi There

I have multiple asp.net web apps that all make use of a common set of sql
data. I currently have each application cache this data using the cache api.

As the data is same for all apps, I want to save memory and "share" the
cache across all sites.

I was thinking of creating a webservice that would cache the data once and
serve it to all sites.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Sam,

As for the sharing caching data in multi- aspnet applications, since the
asp.net web applications are all appdomain based and each one has its own
memory boundary so the buildin Cache objects can't be shared across
applications. And I also think your solution on use an ASP.NET WebService
to act as a central Cache Provider is reasonable since it can be consumed
by anyother applications no matter local or remote. And currently I haven't
any ideas on other means. Maybe we can wait to see whether any other
communitry members will provide some further suggestions. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security