allowing users to change data in a datagrid

OhioSteve

I have created a dataadapter, an sql connection, a dataset, and a data grid
on my page. I want to add the capability to edit records. I have found this
article, which explains how to proceed:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...owingUsersToEditItemsInDataGridWebControl.asp

I completed steps 1 and 3, which enable the "edit" and "cancel" features. I
don't understand step 2, which enables "update". Can you tell me how to
complete step#2?

Here is some information you may need:
form= webform1.aspx
adapter= sqldataAdapter1
connection= sqlConnection1
dataset= dataset11
datagrid= datagrid1
I'm not using template, I think that my data is bound to the datagrid.