Allowing users to edit a page

Guest

Hi,

Im after some advise on how to go about this problem.

I have a master page with nice header and side bar setup. I then have
various aspx pages that use this master page. I want one of the aspx pages to
be editable by a user. This saves me having to doing any of the changes.

Should I give them access to a public folder for an HTML page that I then
include in the website. What are the best ways to tackle this kind of
scenario.

Thanks

Neil

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

It depends on the depths of the edit. Examples:

User needs to edit the entire HTML
1) Allow edit of ASPX page - chance of destroying code
2) Create an HTML page for content and allow edit. Use that page to build
the ASPX page dynamically (can be cached to avoid remake every trip - some
risk of blow up, but it is low if the user does not get into JavaScript (for
example)
3) Create a tool that places HTML in a database and pull from there - also
some risk, esp. with JavaScript

User needs to edit pieces, like calendar events
Best option: Find a calendar piece (open source?) or build one

As much as possible, if you can create a situation where the user is merely
changing "data", it is better.

Ebbe Kristensen

Neil said:
I have a master page with nice header and side bar setup. I then have
various aspx pages that use this master page. I want one of the aspx
pages to be editable by a user. This saves me having to doing any of
the changes.

"Web Part Pages" may not be what you are after but do take a look at this
technique.

Ebbe

Guest

Thank you, looks interesting think Ill start reading up on webparts , sounds
like it will help.

Thanks

Neil