Almost ! RSA Javascript/Ruby

Jean Verger

Hi all,

back into the RSA Javascript/Ruby:
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jverger/rsaRuby.png

It looks that Javascript returns hex, while Ruby
PKey::RSA.private_decrypt(str) it takes bytes as argument. The little
documentation I found on PKey::RSA.private_decrypt, shows that it
takes string (str) as argument.

My questions:
- What kind of argument does PKey::RSA.private_decrypt(str) take ? string, byte?
- How to convert from Hex to bytes? what hex to string?
- Where can I find more documentation on PKey::RSA
- In case I decide to modify "src/ext/openssl/ossl_pkey_rsa.c" ...
should I compile that code? and store it where?

Some RSA crypt/verification hints with Ruby will be much appreciated.

thanks,

Jean

P.S.: Why almost?: I got to share the keys from the client to the
server, although I'm still not able to load the cryped pwd from the
client to the server ... but very close :)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jverger/rsaRuby.png