almost working right

richard

I've kind of resolved the problem in that I created a "row" for the
two floating divisions to be held in so that in essence would resemble
"brow" acts as <tr>. This works fine but still, if I put certain
elements within brow, very strange and unpredicatable behavior
happens.

Now with this "row", I float both cells and they appear as I want
them. I suppose I can live with that. Works just fine in IE as well.

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Menu</title>

..bigbox { width:500px; height:200px;
border:solid 2px red;
}

..row1 {
text-align:center;
font-family:arial;
font-size:12pt;
border-bottom:solid 2px blue;
}

..brow { clear:left;
width:98%; background-color:#B1F9FE;

}

..row2a { width:50%; float:left; background-color:#B1F9FE;
border-bottom:solid 2px blue;

}

..row2b { float:left; background-color:#B1F9FE;
border-bottom: solid 2px blue;
width:30%;
}

</head>

Andy Dingley

Now with this "row", I float both cells and they appear as I want
them. I suppose I can live with that. Works just fine in IE as well.

You've just about discovered basic use of float.

What are you expecting next? One of these? <http://www.amazon.co.uk/
exec/obidos/ASIN/0970822685/>

BootNic

richard …@ca.re> wrote in
I've kind of resolved the problem in that I created a "row" for the
two floating divisions to be held in so that in essence would resemble

[snip]

Kind of like a table, perhaps maybe, depending on content IE may missbehave
and require a bit more.

http://snurl.com/24e08