almost working right

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Apr 14, 2008.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    I've kind of resolved the problem in that I created a "row" for the
    two floating divisions to be held in so that in essence would resemble
    "brow" acts as <tr>. This works fine but still, if I put certain
    elements within brow, very strange and unpredicatable behavior
    happens.

    Now with this "row", I float both cells and they appear as I want
    them. I suppose I can live with that. Works just fine in IE as well.

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <head>
    <title>Menu</title>

    ..bigbox { width:500px; height:200px;
    border:solid 2px red;
    }

    ..row1 {
    text-align:center;
    font-family:arial;
    font-size:12pt;
    border-bottom:solid 2px blue;
    }

    ..brow { clear:left;
    width:98%; background-color:#B1F9FE;

    }

    ..row2a { width:50%; float:left; background-color:#B1F9FE;
    border-bottom:solid 2px blue;

    }

    ..row2b { float:left; background-color:#B1F9FE;
    border-bottom: solid 2px blue;
    width:30%;
    }

    </head>

    richard, Apr 14, 2008

  2. richard

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 14 Apr, 15:24, richard <> wrote:

    > Now with this "row", I float both cells and they appear as I want
    > them. I suppose I can live with that. Works just fine in IE as well.

    You've just about discovered basic use of float.

    What are you expecting next? One of these? <http://www.amazon.co.uk/
    exec/obidos/ASIN/0970822685/>

    Andy Dingley, Apr 14, 2008

  3. richard

    BootNic Guest

    richard …@ca.re> wrote in news::

    > I've kind of resolved the problem in that I created a "row" for the
    > two floating divisions to be held in so that in essence would resemble

    [snip]

    Kind of like a table, perhaps maybe, depending on content IE may missbehave
    and require a bit more.

    http://snurl.com/24e08

    --
    BootNic Monday April 14, 2008 7:13 PM
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you

    BootNic, Apr 15, 2008