AlphaX + Perl

Peter Colapietro

Hi I am running Mac OS X Version 10.4.7 on my MacBook Pro. I downloaded
Perl 5.8.8 and put it in /library/perl. I am using AlphaX as my texteditor
when I code for Perl. I also download Tcl/Tk Aqua Batteries as instructed.
I am going through O"reilly's Learning Perl. I created my first code:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Hello, world!\n";

I think I set everything up right in Config - Perl Mode Prefs. But when I
go to the Camal tab - tell perl - open this file
the Camal turns blue all around it and it just stays that way. When I hit
esc it says AESend failer: OSErr - 1711. If I try the camal tab - Run a
file and choose the Hello, world! file it says can't read "wname": no such
variable. I looked all through the wiki at
http://alphatcl.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wikit/24.html and the AlphaX website
but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

usenet

Peter said:
[a multiposted question]

This question was multiposted to the Perl.Beginners newsgroup (Note to
JWK et al: I mean the usenet mirror of the perl.org mailing list, which
is available on every NNTP server that I know of, including,
unfortunately, those indexed by Google Groups).

See: http://tinyurl.com/kuk52

Please burn this thread (to discourage usenet rudeness)