    lend me some advice would be very helpful

    THanks in advance.

    Greg
    Greg, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Hi
    Greg schrieb:
    > www.gregerly.net/flavortech

    [snip]

    > just want it to expand as long as there is broswer window avaialble. The
    > css has the top left corner at like 250 right and 20 top. Anyone that could
    > lend me some advice would be very helpful

    Try width:100%; as you did in #main.

    > THanks in advance.

    I'm new to css too but I think that should solve your problem.

    > Greg

    Ralf
    =?UTF-8?B?UmFsZiBNw7ZybGVy?=, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    > Try width:100%; as you did in #main.

    I tried that, but the div shoots way off the viewable browerser space and
    creates horizontal scrolling. Thanks for your input however.

    Greg
    Greg, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Hi Greg

    Greg schrieb:
    >>Try width:100%; as you did in #main.
    >>

    > I tried that, but the div shoots way off the viewable browerser space and
    > creates horizontal scrolling. Thanks for your input however.

    Here's the solution:
    You have 3 collums and here is a copy from my German HTML-Tutorial
    *SelfHTML* which shows the code.
    I cut out the parts not needed and the text.
    You can find the original here with example.
    http://de.selfhtml.org/css/layouts/mehrspaltige.htm#dreispaltig

    It's realized with *float*
    1. Left collum Navigation
    2. right collum Info
    3. middle collum Content

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""
    <head>
    <title>Dreispaltiges Layout</title>
    body {
    color: black; background-color: white;
    font-size: 100.01%;
    font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    margin: 0; padding: 1em;
    }

    div#Navigation {
    font-size: 0.83em;
    float: left; width: 18em;
    margin: 0; padding: 0;
    border: 1px dashed silver;
    }

    div#Info {
    font-size: 0.9em;
    float: right; width: 12em;
    margin: 0; padding: 0;
    border: 1px dashed silver; background-color: #eee;
    }

    div#Content {
    margin: 0 12em 0 16em;
    padding: 0 1em;
    border: 1px dashed silver;
    }

    </head>

    > Greg

    HTH Ralf
    =?UTF-8?B?UmFsZiBNw7ZybGVy?=, Apr 15, 2005