[alt.lang.asm,comp.lang.c]assembly Vs C Language

CBFalconer

kinebud said:
.... snip ...

What's your point? Many lisp programmers out there can easily cut
the size of a C program into a half/fourth with little effort and
naturally get it done quicker, but that doesn't mean it isn't
"impossibly difficult" in C by any means whatsoever. (Maybe you
just aren't that good in those other languages, perhaps?) You're
also missing other parts of the [entire] equation, but they aren't
addressed here so I won't bother with pointing them out.

Any _good_ C programmer can cut the size of the average C program
by similar factors. However they will also cut the size of the
executable, while the lithper is probably increasing that by a
similar factor.

I am not impressed by the mean quality of coding in any language.

santosh

pete said:
kinebud said:
¬a\/b said:
for me is clearer and easier than all your languages, in fact i can
write code in that language that in another one language is
impossible
to write because too difficult.

What's your point? Many lisp programmers out there can easily cut the
size of a C program into a half/fourth with little
effort and naturally
get it done quicker, but that doesn't mean it isn't "impossibly
difficult" in C by any means whatsoever. (Maybe you just aren't that
good in those other languages, perhaps?) You're also missing other
parts of the [entire] equation, but they aren't addressed here so I
won't bother with pointing them out.
x86 assembly registers others assemblers have, are not short name
enough

Um... I fail to see how this gives you any 'tactical' advantage over
something like C.

I think ¬a\/b is the same character
who originally called himself "Giuseppe" in 2003,
when he posted "The Source Code Of A Thousand Tears."

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/msg/af50449c04ecc796

He also goes by the name of 'RSolsCarLiola' or similar.

Keith Thompson