alt vs title in explorer 7 & firefox

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:08:18
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
You misspelled "dinner". :)

You mean you'd actually eat a relative? For shame, Blinkadocious!

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:11:44
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

I was born with gills that didn't function in any direction so they
atrophied.

Once more, ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.

rf

Jonathan N. Little said:
Yup. *it's* contraction of *it is* and *their* is the possessive form of
*they*. Seems correct to me.

Perhaps dorayme is thinking about the third flavour, as in:

It's there, their new car, _they're_ about to open its doors. There, it's
done, its doors're open.

Ed Mullen

dorayme said:
You sure about this?

Absent the context, well, no, not really. I could guess but I have no
reliance on anything factual to feel assured that I may be right.

Hey, if the literati are going to carp about the newbies it behooves the
literati to, um, well, be better?

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:29:13
GMT dorayme scribed:
Ben, I am begging you not to! You have already given him the clue
that it is a lower figure (something I was not prepared to do).
It is a clue because if you (who understands arcane things in the
css bible) can get a lower figure, it is likely to be lower
rather than higher.

I *said* mine probably wasn't optimal. Get the wool outta your ears.
I now take remedial action:

Boji... Boji... you are feeling sleepy... you are getting tired
and and your eyes are feeling heavy.... when you wake up, the
figure could be more or less than 2000...

Okay, mom. (I call you "mom" because you're obviously much older than me
and just as irritating as my mader familias.)

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007
00:10:09 GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

That's what I thought! Dorayme said they were "magnificent" (-and
watch her bitch about the capital "d",) but that looks more like a
rather flattened version of Jabba the Hutt. From vague memories in
the past, I believed they were butt-ugly but couldn't picture any.

That photo represents what I've seen in aquaria. Which is why I knew it
would be a good adjunct to my Usenet Improvement Project.

ANNC (first): I'm splitting my GG page (see sig) into four or five
shorter ones and moving it/them to improve-usenet.org, which I just
acquired. I'd like a more cosmetic little site than my
bare-bones-by-intent blinkynet site, albeit it'll still be a quick load
on dialup, as my commitment to be snappy even on a slow connection has
never wavered. Hafta look at some templates or something as a start on
deciding what to do.

Blinky the Shark

wayne said:
That's OK, I've never heard of you either! ;)

Why would you have? You just came in the door. As for me, for a few
years I used some software David wrote.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:19:57
GMT dorayme scribed:
It means that your figure is wrong, either because it is
impossible to cross the desert in so low a mileage (you make an
error in your reasoning if you did not simply pluck a number off
a shelf - see my previous post on this) or so high a figure (you
simply gave up before considering deeper issues).

Now, if you do not understand these last remarks of mine, it is a
safe bet you will never solve the more complicated problem of
understanding the logistics involved in the desert. So, for now,
I want you to concentrate heavily on these last remarks of mine.
Loll them about in that xenophobic, sexist, javascript loving
brain of yours.

:) Good one.
Now there is a thought, Boji! Javascript. You could cheat and
write a program to get the result or very close to it. You know,
I used to solve problems like this in Basic when I worked my SE
and SE30. It was a lot of fun. I "solved" some of the other bin
Hassad puzzles this way. You make a model suitable for a program
and run it. I did that successfully, if I recall, with

<http://members.optushome.com.au/droovies/binHassad/theMoving8.htm
l>

and I think with

<http://members.optushome.com.au/droovies/binHassad/camelSkinTrade
r.html>

I have done some similar stuff with javascript but rarely have the
patience for non-code related items like puzzlers, etc.
But the desert would be trickier to program for. However,
personal computers are pretty powerful these days and you might
get something half sensible by sheer number crunching. (That is
basically what chess computers do - or did... they are getting
smarter I hear)

I thought I *did* get something half sensible.

Anyway, I give up. Oh, it's a good puzzle and all that, but some of us
don't have the time to while away on it between sheep shearings.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:27:36
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Band name! Modicum of Decorum

:)

My all-time fav band name is "Garbage". But don't trash it!

dorayme

wayne said:
My belief is one should not attack anyone, that is what prompted my
outburst.

Hang on a mo... you some sort of pacifist? My policy is to wait
(fervently) for the slightest indication of disrespect and then
to ... to... well... you know.... Pow! Biff! Whack!

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:26:29 GMT
Jonathan N. Little scribed:
Yup. *it's* contraction of *it is* and *their* is the possessive form of
*they*. Seems correct to me.

But down on the farm we say "It's they's new car." Seems more standards-
compliant, do not it?

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
Yup. *it's* contraction of *it is* and *their* is the possessive form of
*they*. Seems correct to me.

You are getting close but not quite there, JL.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:10:09 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:

That's what I thought! Dorayme said they were "magnificent" (-and watch
her bitch about the capital "d",) but that looks more like a rather
flattened version of Jabba the Hutt. From vague memories in the past, I
believed they were butt-ugly but couldn't picture any.

It was because of your continued failure to understand about this
d business that I did not trust your spelling of "grouper" and
thought it referred to "groper" - (ignoring more obscene thoughts
that you are fond of)

<http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/students/focus/aviridis.htm>

has a nice pic of what I often see. I was not sure if there was
such a fish as a grouper, it seems that the ame is used:

"Groupers are fish of any of a number of genera in the subfamily
Epinephelinae of the family Serranidae, in the order Perciformes"

from Wiki.

wayne

dorayme said:
Hang on a mo... you some sort of pacifist? My policy is to wait
(fervently) for the slightest indication of disrespect and then
to ... to... well... you know.... Pow! Biff! Whack!
Wait! I think I've seen pictures of you in that cute bikini and gold lasso!

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:08:18
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

You mean you'd actually eat a relative? For shame, Blinkadocious!

Like there are no cannibal cultures in humandom. :)

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:27:36
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

My all-time fav band name is "Garbage". But don't trash it!

And there was a band in the '60s called The Trashmen.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:29:13
GMT dorayme scribed:

I *said* mine probably wasn't optimal. Get the wool outta your ears.

Boji, you have many illusions. So what if you said this? How does
it impact in the slightest way on what I said? So you said not
optimal. So what? Before Ben said what he said (and I do not
blame him at all considering I have hypnotic powers to counter
any ill effects on you) and before I hypnotised you, you poor
schmuck, you did not know if the real answer lay in the direction
of lower. It is irrelevant that you did not beforehand know the
direction.

I will ask you again, I want a sample of your brain for a few
tests that I have been perfecting in my office lab. Just a scoop
from near the lobes.