alter web.config from asp.net web form?

eRic

is it possible to alter the web.config file from an asp.net web form? i am
trying to create an admin tool for a web app.

bruce barker

yes, it just an xml file. (actually you can edit the web config of any site
on the server). when you save it, the effected site will be recompiled.

-- bruce

eRic

after giving asp.net ENORMOUS security control over that file (ugh) I am
still getting the error: "The file is being used by another process" I am
assuming that this process is IIS? (I've run it with VS.NET shutdown and no
other apps running) is there anyway around this?

also on the security issue, if I have impersonate set to true shouldn't it
be the users credentials that are accessing the file, and not the ASPNET
account?

Thank you for your assistance,
eRic