Altera Quartus, libraries and mixed VHDL / (SYSTEM)VERILOG error

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Peter Bluer, Jan 6, 2010.

  1. Peter Bluer

    Peter Bluer Guest

    I'm trying to run a design through Quartus II which is a mixture of VHDL,
    Verilog and system verilog.

    I can compile it for modelsim outside of quartus and it simulates fine,
    however I get errors when running through the quartus mapper.

    In quartus I add files into a library called 'design', an example of this
    is:

    set_global_assignment -name SYSTEMVERILOG_FILE -library design
    $SV_PATH/counter.sv

    These files are found by quartus:

    Info: Found 1 design units, including 1 entities, in source file counter.sv
    Info: Found entity 1: counter

    If I check the file list the files are specified to be in the library
    'design'.

    However, when I run the mapper I get this error:

    Error (10481): VHDL Use Clause error at mydesign.vhd(446): design library
    "design" does not contain primary unit "counter" File: mydesign.vhd Line:
    446

    The VHDL file mydesign.vhd snippet with this block in is:

    LIBRARY design:
    CONFIGURATION DUMMY of top IS
    FOR struct
    For counter_c : counter
    USE ENTITY design.counter(counter); <---- Line 446
    END FOR;
    ..
    ..
    ..
    END CONFIGURATION DUMMY;

    Can anyone tell from this what may be causing the error?

    Thank you.

    Peter Bluer, Jan 6, 2010

  2. Peter Bluer wrote:

    > Error (10481): VHDL Use Clause error at mydesign.vhd(446): design
    > library "design" does not contain primary unit "counter" File:
    > mydesign.vhd Line: 446
    >
    > The VHDL file mydesign.vhd snippet with this block in is:
    >
    > LIBRARY design:

    ^
    This is a syntax error. There is no library declaration in vhdl.

    > CONFIGURATION DUMMY of top IS
    > FOR struct
    > For counter_c : counter
    > USE ENTITY design.counter(counter); <---- Line 446

    USE ENTITY work.counter(counter); -- try this instead.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jan 7, 2010