    Method than using SOAP Tool kit & Call.

    Early reply is greatly appreciated.

    -Vinod

    Vinod, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Vinod

    Nakul Joshi Guest

    Hi,

    Yes there are other ways to call a webservice:

    1. You can use MSXML object to fire a HTTP get/post
    request on the webservice.(ASP and VB 6.0 can use this)

    2. In .NET you use WebRequest class in System.Net to fire
    post/get request on the web service. please see the sample
    code

    Dim req As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create(txtURI.Text)

    Try
    Dim result As WebResponse = req.GetResponse()
    Dim ReceiveStream As Stream =
    result.GetResponseStream()

    Dim read() as Byte = new Byte(512) {}
    Dim bytes As Integer = ReceiveStream.Read(read,
    0, 512)

    txtHTML.InnerHtml = ""
    While (bytes > 0)
    Dim encode As Encoding =
    System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8")
    txtHTML.InnerHtml = txtHTML.InnerHtml &
    encode.GetString(read, 0, bytes)
    bytes = ReceiveStream.Read(read, 0, 512)
    End While
    Catch Exc As Exception
    txtHTML.InnerHtml = "Error retrieving page"
    End Try

    Incase u need any futher help please get back to me.

    Thanks
    Nakul

    access Web Service

    Nakul Joshi, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Vinod

    Nakul Joshi Guest

    Here's a Sample code for ASP 3.0

    Dim objXmlHttp
    Dim strHTML
    Set objXmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")
    objXmlHttp.open "GET", URL, False
    objXmlHttp.send
    strHTML = objXmlHttp.responseText

    Hope this would help

    Nakul

    Nakul Joshi, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Vinod

    Vinod Guest

    Hi,

    Please do suggest a solution for the below.

    My Code Given Below:

    Dim oXml
    dim url
    Dim sContent

    url = "http://..../..../Infows.asmx/"
    url = url & "DoBudgetSearch?intVillaOnly=1"

    Set oXml = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    oXml.Send

    sContent = oXml.responseText

    Response.Write sContent

    Set oXml = Nothing

    The above works OK. But in my case, I have only ".wsdl" file in my url.
    e.g. url = "http://..../..../Infows.wsdl/"

    Please suggest whether any method is there to directly pass values to a
    "wsdl" file & get the out put, other than using "SOAP object".

    Thanks in Advance

    -Vinod

    Vinod, Dec 3, 2003