alternative java libraries

transkawa

i am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java language
specification. can anyone point me to another location. I've been trying for
four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful. i don't
want to think i can't get it so i'd rather look for an alternative.
will appreciate every help.
by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.
xnt

Rex

transkawa said:
i am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java language
specification. can anyone point me to another location. I've been trying for
four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful. i don't
want to think i can't get it so i'd rather look for an alternative.
will appreciate every help.
by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.
xnt
You could try the Apache Harmony project, that's an opensource java
implementation under development.
Why are u unable to download the Sun JDK?

John B. Matthews

Rex said:
You could try the Apache Harmony project, that's an opensource java
implementation under development.

Why are u unable to download the Sun JDK?

I've downloaded Sun JDK's several times in that time frame, using either
a browser or Sun's download manager. What URL are you using?

EJP

transkawa said:
I've been trying for
four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful.

You must be doing it a very strange way. There have been many millions
of successful downloads.

Lew

transkawa said:
i [sic] am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java [sic]
language specification. can anyone point me to another location.
I've been trying for four months to download the sun [sic] microsystems [sic]
jdk and unsuccessful. i [sic] don't want to think i [sic] can't get it so i'd [sic]
rather look for an alternative. will appreciate every help. by the
way, i [sic] am conversant with the jsr's.
You could try the Apache Harmony project, that's an opensource java [sic]
implementation under development.

<http://openjdk.java.net/>
is the canonical open-source Java project.

Given how badly GCJ sucks, I'm dubious about this one, but I don't have
experience with it.
I've downloaded Sun JDK's several times in that time frame, using either
a browser or Sun's download manager.

Same here.

Roedy Green

i am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java language
specification. can anyone point me to another location. I've been trying for
four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful. i don't
want to think i can't get it so i'd rather look for an alternative.
will appreciate every help.
by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.

You can order the Sun JDK on CD. At least you could. If there is a
computer club nearby, perhaps someone could download it for you and
burn in to CD. It sounds like you have trouble with an intermittent
Internet connection.

Roedy Green

i am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java language
specification. can anyone point me to another location. I've been trying for
four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful. i don't
want to think i can't get it so i'd rather look for an alternative.
will appreciate every help.
by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
for notes on how and where to download.