    will appreciate every help.
    by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.
    xnt

    transkawa, Nov 24, 2009

  2. transkawa

    Rex Guest

    transkawa wrote:
    > i am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java language
    > specification. can anyone point me to another location. I've been trying for
    > four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful. i don't
    > want to think i can't get it so i'd rather look for an alternative.
    > will appreciate every help.
    > by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.
    > xnt

    You could try the Apache Harmony project, that's an opensource java
    implementation under development.
    Why are u unable to download the Sun JDK?

    -------------------------------------
    COBOL: (n.) an old computer language, designed to be read and not
    run. Unfortunately, it is often run anyway.
    -------------------------------------

    Rex, Nov 26, 2009

  3. In article <hemhog$nat$-september.org>,

    <http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/> is another.

    > Why are u unable to download the Sun JDK?

    I've downloaded Sun JDK's several times in that time frame, using either
    a browser or Sun's download manager. What URL are you using?

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Nov 26, 2009
  4. transkawa

    EJP Guest

    transkawa wrote:
    > I've been trying for
    > four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful.

    You must be doing it a very strange way. There have been many millions
    of successful downloads.

    EJP, Nov 26, 2009
  5. transkawa

    Lew Guest

    Rex wrote:
    >> You could try the Apache Harmony project, that's an opensource java [sic]
    >> implementation under development.

    <http://openjdk.java.net/>
    is the canonical open-source Java project.

    John B. Matthews wrote:
    > <http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/> is another.

    Given how badly GCJ sucks, I'm dubious about this one, but I don't have
    experience with it.

    > I've downloaded Sun JDK's several times in that time frame, using either
    > a browser or Sun's download manager.

    Same here.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 27, 2009
  6. transkawa

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:09:11 +0100, "transkawa" <>

    >i am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java language
    >specification. can anyone point me to another location. I've been trying for
    >four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful. i don't
    >want to think i can't get it so i'd rather look for an alternative.
    >will appreciate every help.
    >by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.

    You can order the Sun JDK on CD. At least you could. If there is a
    computer club nearby, perhaps someone could download it for you and
    burn in to CD. It sounds like you have trouble with an intermittent
    Internet connection.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Nov 27, 2009
  7. transkawa

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:09:11 +0100, "transkawa" <>

    >i am looking for alternative standard libraries for the java language
    >specification. can anyone point me to another location. I've been trying for
    >four months to download the sun microsystems jdk and unsuccessful. i don't
    >want to think i can't get it so i'd rather look for an alternative.
    >will appreciate every help.
    >by the way, i am conversant with the jsr's.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
    for notes on how and where to download.

    Roedy Green, Nov 27, 2009