    I use iFrames to embed html pages within a main page. To accomplish the
    same, are there alternatives to iFrames?

    Thanks!
    Ben Falcon, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Ben Falcon wrote:
    > I use iFrames to embed html pages within a main page. To accomplish

    the
    > same, are there alternatives to iFrames?

    First decide WHY you want to embed HTML pages in other HTML pages.
    Your reasons are probalby wrong.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Ben Falcon

    mark | r Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > Ben Falcon wrote:
    > > I use iFrames to embed html pages within a main page. To accomplish

    > the
    > > same, are there alternatives to iFrames?

    > First decide WHY you want to embed HTML pages in other HTML pages.
    > Your reasons are probalby wrong.

    use xml if you can get the content exported in the first place, or use a
    code parser to rip the content between two definable elements and drop it
    into your website - the later is a little slow tho

    mark
    mark | r, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Ben Falcon

    Ben Falcon Guest

    Hello Mark,

    I regularly parse html files when serving dynamic cgi content. For example,
    my cgi may read the document and insert the content between the definable
    elements you mention. I know that the same can be accomplished with php,
    asp, etc...

    In my case, the website in question is a purely static (non-changing) site
    consisting of html files. Because of this, I can only imagine that an isapi
    filter loaded on the webserver would do the trick since it would process
    each served html page. But truthfully, I was hoping to find a much simpler
    solution, like iFrames for instance. But because of the show stopping
    cookie limitation that I mentioned to Travis, I am hoping (and grasping at
    straws) that maybe, CSS would somehow help out.

    Thanks,

    Ben

    --

    ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com
    Ben Falcon, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Ben Falcon

    Ben Falcon Guest

    Travis,

    I'm currently using iFrames to display data and they've worked very well in
    other circumstances. Unfortunately, I'd like for the iFrame embedded
    document to read and set cookies. When the document is enbedded within an
    iFrame, the embedded document cannot read and/or set cookies, or so has been
    my experience. If that document (the embedded one) is taken out of the
    iFrame, it has no problems setting/reading cookies.

    I was pretty much wondering if CSS (which I know absolutely nothing of),
    will allow for me to 'embed' another html document within a specified or
    'contained' area.

    Thank you,

    Ben

    --

    ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com
    Ben Falcon, Mar 3, 2005
  6. Ben Falcon

    the idiot Guest

    "Ben Falcon" <> wrote in message
    > I use iFrames to embed html pages within a main page. To accomplish the
    > same, are there alternatives to iFrames?
    >
    > Thanks!

    scrolling div?
    the idiot, Mar 3, 2005
  7. Ben Falcon

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Ben Falcon wrote:
    > I use iFrames to embed html pages within a main page. To accomplish the
    > same, are there alternatives to iFrames?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Server Side includes (google: ssi) and <div>'s with scrolling turned on.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Mar 3, 2005
  8. Ben Falcon