    environment?

    Are there alternative, lighter ASP.NET friendly reporting tools?

    Thanks, Rob.
    Rob, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Rob

    Dave A Guest

    I have not used it, but
    http://www.telerik.com/products/reporting/overview.aspx looks good.

    I am expereince with Teleriks other products, and if the reporting is half
    as good as everything else they do then I can guarentee that it will be
    infinitely better than Crystal (which I am experienced with - and hate with
    a passion)

    HTH

    Regards
    Dave A

    Dave A, Nov 28, 2007

  3. Rob

    Braulio Diez Guest

    I would evaluate the pros and cons of migrating to SSRS (SQL Server Reporting
    Services).

    The good stuff is that you have your reporting capabilities in a different
    server and you can integrate it in your web app in a lot of ways, no need for
    strange activex controls or whatever, just query string, post, or even
    webservices.

    Bad news are... you are moving to a hosting company... How can you ask them
    to install SSRS? :) well some hosting companies (e.g. Discount ASP .net)
    offers you SSRS hosting so you would have that issue solved.

    And...this is just for excel export, I had made a comparison between
    available technologies, hope it helps:

    http://www.tipsdotnet.com/TechBlog.aspx?PageIndex=0&BLID=2

    Good luck
    Braulio