Alternative to Embeds playing WAV in HTML ?

Richard Brooks

IE5.5

It's probably an oft repeated question but I have some code that used to
work but does not now.

This line in my Javascript code give an error now.

document.embeds[Math.floor(Math.random()*6)].play();

And the following are the six lines of WAV files that used to be played at
random when a timed event happened.

<embed src="ukatc32.wav" width="1" height="1" autostart="false"
hidden="true" />
<embed src="ukatc41.wav" width="1" height="1" autostart="false"
hidden="true" />
<embed src="ukatc42.wav" width="1" height="1" autostart="false"
hidden="true" />
<embed src="ukatc90.wav" width="1" height="1" autostart="false"
hidden="true" />
<embed src="ukatc92.wav" width="1" height="1" autostart="false"
hidden="true" />
<embed src="ukatc93.wav" width="1" height="1" autostart="false"
hidden="true" />

I've been looking for an alternative to 'embed' without the user having
download yet another plugin, so what is the alternative ?

Thanks,

Richard Brooks.

Richard Cornford

Richard said:
IE5.5

It's probably an oft repeated question but I have some code
that used to work but does not now.

This line in my Javascript code give an error now.

document.embeds[Math.floor(Math.random()*6)].play();
<snip>

if((document.embeds)&&
(document.embeds.length >= 5)){
var em = document.embeds[Math.floor(Math.random()*6)];
em.volume = -1;
em.play();
}

- Seems to work OK on IE 6.

Richard.

Richard Brooks

Richard said:
Richard said:
IE5.5

It's probably an oft repeated question but I have some code
that used to work but does not now.

This line in my Javascript code give an error now.

document.embeds[Math.floor(Math.random()*6)].play();
<snip>

if((document.embeds)&&
(document.embeds.length >= 5)){
var em = document.embeds[Math.floor(Math.random()*6)];
em.volume = -1;
em.play();
}

- Seems to work OK on IE 6.

Richard.

I hate those strange things that happen! All I did was to archive the stuff
to CDR then some months put it all back without changine version of IE and
set the read only archive bit of the archived files to off just in case then
it throws the error up only in that section.

Thanks for having a look, Richard,

Richard.