    Object but this doesn't seem to work in IE6...

    TIA
    Ian

    ian, Jul 14, 2003

  2. > Does anyone know what the best alternative to using frames? I've looked at
    > Object but this doesn't seem to work in IE6...

    What do you want to do? You can use a div if you need to have a section of
    your page scroll. You can use user controls if you want to componentize the
    development. The answer depends on why you are using frames in the first
    place.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer

    Chris Jackson, Jul 14, 2003

  3. ian

    ian Guest

    Perhaps something like...

    | Logo | Main Navigation | Banner | Email

    |_______________|______________|_________|_________|_
    | |

    | Secondary | Main Page

    | Navigation |

    | |

    Thanks
    Ian

    ian, Jul 14, 2003
  4. The most obvious thing to do is to separate your various sections (header
    and secondary navigation) into separate ascx files. The only thing you
    really need to decide is whether you want your navigation to stay in place
    or if you don't mind having them scroll along with the pages, which is what
    the majority of sites do today. I see nothing here that demands the use of
    frames, other than separation of distinct bits of code, for which you have
    an alternate solution.

    Chris Jackson, Jul 14, 2003
  5. I agree with Chris. Web User Controls sound like the best way to go to
    divide up your page sections.
    Here's more info:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n/html/vbconintroductiontowebusercontrols.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vboriwebusercontrols.asp