alternative to iframe with design mode on

DL

I'm wondering if there's an alternative to IE's iframe wtih design
mode on with dynamic data load, so, a solution would work with Firefox
as well. the design mode on has to be on so that wysiwyg is possible
and data can be dynamically loaded into it. Or there's some full
fledged Firefox extension or add--on that supports IE's iframe
technology.

Thanks.

SAM

Le 6/26/09 3:35 AM, DL a écrit :
I'm wondering if there's an alternative to IE's iframe wtih design
mode on with dynamic data load,

"dynamic data" has no need of iframe in "normal" way

except if you absolutely wants that can works without JS *and* in same
displayed page.
so, a solution would work with Firefox as well.

what doesn't "work" with Firefox ?
the design mode on has to be on so that wysiwyg is possible
and data can be dynamically loaded into it. Or there's some full
fledged Firefox extension or add--on that supports IE's iframe
technology.

You found nothing in
<http://www.google.com/search?q=rich+text>
?

More specially for Mozilla (Firefox and more):
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Rich-Text_Editing_in_Mozilla>

Safari, iCab, and more :
<http://www.google.com/search?q=webkit+rich+text>

Don84

Le 6/26/09 3:35 AM, DL a écrit :

"dynamic data" has no need of iframe in "normal" way

except if you absolutely wants that can works without JS *and* in same
displayed page.

what doesn't "work" with Firefox ?

You found nothing in
<http://www.google.com/search?q=rich+text>
?

More specially for Mozilla (Firefox and more):
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Rich-Text_Editing_in_Mozilla>

Safari, iCab, and more :
<http://www.google.com/search?q=webkit+rich+text>

the Mozilla link is very helpful, thank you, google for wysiwyg
yieldeds a bunch of editors instead of syntax, yeah, rich text seems a
good term.

Don84

Le 6/26/09 3:35 AM, DL a écrit :

"dynamic data" has no need of iframe in "normal" way

except if you absolutely wants that can works without JS *and* in same
displayed page.

what doesn't "work" with Firefox ?

You found nothing in
<http://www.google.com/search?q=rich+text>
?

More specially for Mozilla (Firefox and more):
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Rich-Text_Editing_in_Mozilla>

Safari, iCab, and more :
<http://www.google.com/search?q=webkit+rich+text>

The above mozilla link works quite well, thanks, but I'm running into
a bit of snafu for the fore-color (yellow highlighting). browser =
FF v3.0.11; OS = XP SP3.

What happens is, it hightlights all the text within a frame instead of
the selection.

<iframe id="textbox1" name="textbox" ... />

// defined a js function here called getIFrameDocument

// another js function to call it, named this function doRichText
getIFrameDocument('textbox').execCommand(aName,false,aArg);

event trigger:
<input type="button" onclick="doRichText('backcolor','Yellow')"
style="background-color:rgb(255,255,102);" />

Please note, same syntax/functions above work for bold, italic etc.

any idea?

Don84

The above mozilla link works quite well, thanks, but I'm running into
a bit of snafu for the fore-color (yellow highlighting).  browser  =
FF v3.0.11; OS = XP SP3.

What happens is, it hightlights all the text within a frame instead of
the selection.

<iframe id="textbox1" name="textbox" ... />

// defined a js function here called getIFrameDocument

// another js function to call it, named this function doRichText
getIFrameDocument('textbox').execCommand(aName,false,aArg);

event trigger:
<input type="button" onclick="doRichText('backcolor','Yellow')"
style="background-color:rgb(255,255,102);" />

Please note, same syntax/functions above work for bold, italic etc.

any idea?- Hide quoted text -

Sorry my previous posting wasn't clear enough. Here's including the
javascript functions with regard to my last posting in its entirety.

<script type="text/javascript">
function doRichText(rid,aName,aArg) {
getIFrameDocument('textbox'+rid).execCommand(aName,false,aArg);
}

function getIFrameDocument(aID) {
if (document.getElementById(aID).contentDocument) {
return document.getElementById(aID).contentDocument;
</script>

Thanks.