    and files on a IIS server and manage users from web, maybe som freeware or
    shareware?

    /Per W.
    Per W., Feb 6, 2006

  2. "Per W." <> wrote in message
    news:ds78p1$820$...
    > Hi, is there some alternative to iisProtect and AuthentiX to protect
    > folders and files on a IIS server and manage users from web, maybe som
    > freeware or shareware?

    ASP.NET forms authentication?
    CustomAuth from the IIS 6 Resource Kit Tools?
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 6, 2006

  3. Per W.

    Per W. Guest

    "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> skrev i melding
    > "Per W." <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, is there some alternative to iisProtect and AuthentiX to protect
    >> folders and files on a IIS server and manage users from web, maybe som
    >> freeware or shareware?

    > ASP.NET forms authentication?
    > CustomAuth from the IIS 6 Resource Kit Tools?

    I need a solution that my customer will be using to add and remove there
    users/customers to access fodlrs with documents, it cant be integrated with
    NT security. Will CustomAuth do this?

    /Per W.
    Per W., Feb 6, 2006
  4. check out www.aspprotect.com for starters
    they got a free version you can try as well

    its pretty much the standard in asp forms based authentication and I have
    used it for a lot of projects.

    Your not going to be able to automatically protect entire directories though
    using any ASP solution.
    You have to protect things file by file. You protect the asp files with
    authentication, then you set up file streaming while logged in .. etc etc
    etc

    IISProtect requires installation on the server and that is why it can
    protect on a directory level as it installs things on the server to handle
    it...

    Kyle Peterson, Feb 6, 2006
  5. and of course if you have customers that need to do all of this via some
    easy to use interface your out of luck.
    might want to look into some asp.net solutions as protecting at the
    directory level is possible with asp.net

    Kyle Peterson, Feb 6, 2006
  6. Per W.

    Per W. Guest

    "Kyle Peterson" <> skrev i melding
    > check out www.aspprotect.com for starters
    > they got a free version you can try as well
    >
    > its pretty much the standard in asp forms based authentication and I have
    > used it for a lot of projects.
    >
    > Your not going to be able to automatically protect entire directories
    > though using any ASP solution.
    > You have to protect things file by file. You protect the asp files with
    > authentication, then you set up file streaming while logged in .. etc etc
    > etc
    >
    > IISProtect requires installation on the server and that is why it can
    > protect on a directory level as it installs things on the server to handle
    > it...

    i need directory and file protection, iisprotect and AuthentiX is great on
    that, but is there some shareware or freeware?

    /Per W:
    Per W., Feb 6, 2006
  7. "Per W." <> wrote in message

    > "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> skrev i melding
    >> "Per W." <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, is there some alternative to iisProtect and AuthentiX to protect
    >>> folders and files on a IIS server and manage users from web, maybe som
    >>> freeware or shareware?

    >> ASP.NET forms authentication?
    >> CustomAuth from the IIS 6 Resource Kit Tools?

    > I need a solution that my customer will be using to add and remove there
    > users/customers to access fodlrs with documents, it cant be integrated
    > with NT security. Will CustomAuth do this?

    Yes.
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Feb 7, 2006
  8. humm, I dont think you are going to find something like those two products
    for free that is any good.
    I just have never seen anything like that free.

    I think your options are buy one of them or go to asp.net where directory
    protection is possible using built in solutions.
    Either that or forget about doing the protection by directory.

    Kyle Peterson, Feb 7, 2006