alternative to multi sessions - personalization?

a3321

I am just curious if the authors or anyone else has an opinion on
what's the best approach to handle a situation where you have a single
web user who wants to multitask between several different web
activities at once.

e.g.User could be in the middle of a patient registration screen but
then get a phone call that needs an appointment creating.

I've read that in classic asp you can either simulate multiple sessions
by putting the session variables in an array with some kind of unique
identifier to indicate which 'pseudo session' all the variables are
for. Another approach was to hold the 'pseudo session' data in
cookies...

What about the new Personalization Provider? Is there any new standard
approach now to dealing with multiple pseudo sessions from a single
user in asp.net 2 with vs 2005?

Please note I am trying to implement a solution using asp.net 2 and vs
2005...

Thanks to all for any feed back you can provide