alternative to 'window.parent.frames'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SpamProof, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. SpamProof

    SpamProof Guest

    I have a frameset that breaks my page into 3 sections. Top, middle &
    bottom.

    My navigation is in the middle part. I use the following code to
    change my top & bottom page when a user clicks a link. Problem is, if
    they ever hit the back button, the previous top page shows and only if
    the hit the previous button again, the previous bottom page shows. The
    code I'm using is below:

    function redirectToForum ()
    {
    window.parent.frames("TopFrame").location="../pages/top/topForum.aspx";
    window.parent.frames("MainFrame").location="../pages/bottom/bottomForum.aspx";
    }

    <A onclick="redirectToForum();" style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE:
    medium">forum</A>

    The most IMPORTANT thing this code accomplishes is that my navigation
    page (in the middle) is NOT refreshed after I click a link. Otherwise
    I would have used controls. Is there a better way to keep my 3 parts
    of the page with the navigation in the middle and be able to change
    both top & bottom page without getting that previous page problem?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    7078895

    /ra

    SpamProof, Jan 16, 2004

  2. SpamProof

    Cor Guest

    Hi SpamProom

    Can you tell us what is VB.net language related in this so that we maybe can
    give you an answer?

    Cor
    > I have a frameset that breaks my page into 3 sections. Top, middle &
    > bottom.
    >
    > My navigation is in the middle part. I use the following code to
    > change my top & bottom page when a user clicks a link. Problem is, if
    > they ever hit the back button, the previous top page shows and only if
    > the hit the previous button again, the previous bottom page shows. The
    > code I'm using is below:
    >

    > function redirectToForum ()
    > {
    > window.parent.frames("TopFrame").location="../pages/top/topForum.aspx";

    window.parent.frames("MainFrame").location="../pages/bottom/bottomForum.aspx
    ";

    Cor, Jan 16, 2004