alternative way not using param('userid')

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Carl Ogawa, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. Carl Ogawa

    Carl Ogawa Guest

    The following will stop to open test.pl due to using param('userid') and
    param('pwd').
    Is there an alternative way to get data from HTML file to CGI file? I have
    to do this in the particular situation.
    Carl Ogawa, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Carl Ogawa

    Guest

    "Carl Ogawa" <> wrote in message news:<jQeHb.148704$8y1.436413@attbi_s52>...
    > The following will stop to open test.pl due to using param('userid') and
    > param('pwd').
    > Is there an alternative way to get data from HTML file to CGI file? I have
    > to do this in the particular situation.

    It is totally unclear what is "this" and what is "the particular
    situation".

    The only way that user interaction with an HTML document (not
    containing client side scripts) can communicate to something on the
    HTTP server is to generate an HTTP request via a link or a form
    submission. This has nothing to do with Perl (or indeed CGI) - it has
    only to do with HTTP and HTML.

    I suspect whatever it was you were trying to ask has nothing whatever
    to do with Perl.

    Random shot in the dark: The protool HTTP has a basic authentication
    mechanism.

    here.
    , Dec 28, 2003