Alternative XML content handler?

greg.kujawa

I am using a SuperWaba Java implemenation to port an app over to Palm
OS. There is an XMLRPC library I am using for it that doesn't seem to
parse the results passed back from my XMLRPC server. The server is
running a non-Java XMLRPC process that seems to be compatible with
other XMLRPC clients, but not the SuperWaba Java XMLRPC client (which
is based on Apache XMLRPC v1.0). I have narrowed it down to the XML
content handler, which isn't interpreting the results that it's being
provided. The SuperWaba Java implementation is using an XML content
handler based on SAX 2.0, but not entirely SAX 2.0 compliant.

What would be the best method of implementing an alternative XML
content handler on my client? My XMLRPC server is based on Electric XML
(in this case a Ruby off-shoot called REXML). So I would like to try to
substitute Electric XML on the client.

Please be kind, as I'm far from a Java expert :)

gregarican

For anyone who is interested there appears to be a bug in some of the
Java XML-RPC implementations. Or at least a different in that it breaks
certain functionality found in other language's XML-RPC
implementations. The issue that I saw with this SuperWaba XML-RPC
implementation (http://xmlrpc4sw.sourceforge.net) appears to stem from
the Apache XML-RPC 1.0 library it's based on. See
http://www.xmlrpc.com/discuss/msgReader$2354?mode=day for details. In
short an XML-RPC response that is passed long with the
tag isn't being interpreted.

Trying a J2ME Midp4Palm1.0 alternative I brought in kXML-RPC
(http://kxmlrpc.objectweb.org) and ran into similar issues. It wasn't
until I added the <data> tag into the source code that the test cases I
coded actually worked. See
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.enhydra.kxmlrpc/36 for
details.

I know this is all a needle in a haystack, but in case anyone goes
through similar problems trying to get some of the Java XML-RPC
implementations to talk to other non-Java XML-RPC servers this might be
of some aid.