    Regards,
    Rob
    | Why won't the aliens abduct me for a change |
    Rob van der Putten, Jan 10, 2005

  2. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:33:25 +0100, Rob van der Putten <> wrote:

    > Are there any alternatives for Fop that support Docbook?

    The short answer is: yes. The longer answer starts with a question:
    does the application need to be free? I use and recommend a
    commercial product called XEP:

    http://www.renderx.net/Content/tools/xep.html

    There are other commercial products. Some of the formatters listed
    here are free:

    http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookPublishingTools

    You can also use the DSSSL/OpenJade toolchain on XML source.

    > I'm having problems with <screen> ... </screen>. It's too wide,
    > even though none of the screen dumps is wider than 80 chars. Is
    > there any way to tweak xsltproc or Fop in such a way that everything
    > gets neatly scaled and aligned?

    Post your query (with some source, and details on any customisation
    layers) to the docbook-apps mailing list:

    -open.org

    --
    Paul.

    Logic Squad -- Technical Publishing with XML -- http://logicsquad.net/
    Paul A. Hoadley, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Hi there

    "Paul A. Hoadley" wrote:

    > The short answer is: yes. The longer answer starts with a question:
    > does the application need to be free? I use and recommend a
    > commercial product called XEP:
    >
    > http://www.renderx.net/Content/tools/xep.html
    >
    > There are other commercial products. Some of the formatters listed
    > here are free:
    >
    > http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookPublishingTools
    >
    > You can also use the DSSSL/OpenJade on XML source.

    Which has other problems, so now I use a hybrid;
    I wrote a little util wich converts de UTF-8 XML source into a US-ACII
    SGML file with '' for non-ASCII.
    I use xsltproc to generate html from XML and DSSSL/Jade to generate
    postscript and PDF from SGML.

    > Post your query (with some source, and details on any customisation
    > layers) to the docbook-apps mailing list:
    >
    > -open.org

    Google suggests that this is a old problem, zo I don't see the point.

    Regards,
    Rob
    | The EU constitution will turn the EU into a SU |
    | Vote against the EU constitution in the referendum |
    Rob van der Putten, Jan 17, 2005